3DSurveyGroup has been involved in several projects at the national and international level focusing on 3D accurate complete and rapid survey of complex architectures, large monumental and archaeological sites. It is currently managing the following projects:
- The “BIG SPIRE PROJECT” – The 3D survey and reconstruction of the main spire of the Milan’s Cathedral
- The “Spire3D- the WebBiM Project”– The creation of a WEB based BIM infrastructure as support for the maintenance and restoration activities of the Milan’s Cathedral by Veneranda Fabbrica. In particular, the main topic of the project is to create a 3D visualization and interaction application aimed to the web fruition of 3D models.
- The “SanMarco3D Project” – The 3D survey and reconstruction of the Saint Marc Basilica in Venice with accurate and high-resolution texture re-projection as base for restoration activities of the structure and the huge mosaic apparatus.
- Survey of manufacturing and hand-made structures came to the light during the excavations of underground Naples.
It is currently participating to the following projects:
- A.S.I.S. Project (Old Agricultural Sites and Irrigation Systems): the main topic is 3D survey of the late-Roman cultivation of Umm al-Dabadib, Kharga Oasis (Egypt’s Western Desert), in collaboration with MUSA (Musei delle Scienze Agrarie, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II), with the support of National Geographic, the Fondazione Collegio delle Università Milanesi and the Conferenza dei Collegi Universitari di Merito.
- Laboratory of Place 2014 – History, survey, evolution – Summer School: Surveying of Cultural Heritage in collaboration with Canova Association.
Other experiences related to the project are numerous projects as, for example, the UNESCO Project Mesopotam and Rusan, the 1:1 scale reconstruction of the mosaic pavement of the Saint Marc Basilica in Venice and the SIDART Project (Integrated System for DIAGNOSTIC OF THE CULTURAL HERITAGES).
3DSurveyGroup have at disposal a large technical equipment: terrestrial Laser scanner HDS7000, Semi-metric cameras, high-resolution professional cameras, Topographic equipment, UAVs.